Friday, April 27, 2007

She went by...



Here we are crossing the streets of Tunis heading back to work after a copious lunch. He's already married in his early thirties while I'm still (a poor) single in my early twenties.

Here comes the young black lady in a soft and graceful pace from the opposite direction. He began to sing "mosrara wsamra wsa77ara" [ he changed the song's lyrics on purpose ]. I chide him but he keeps his voice up to make her hear. I dunno whether it was some magical effect, his nice voice or something in between, but he definitely pushed the right buttons and she smiled sweetly and may even have gotten a little redder - I can't really tell since she was black anyway! And contrary to Abdel7alim's song, I knew that he was the one and not me!

Anyway, 7abibati won't - necessarily - be "zinjiyya" like Sidi Ali Riahi's :-) It's not that I'm racist (otherwise I wouldn't be a chocoholic!). It's just that I don't have any preferences nor do I like to set restrictive conditions in advance.

You can say I prefer to navigate by vision :)


Tunis, April 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home